Lead

Dec 31 13 10:47 AM

Tags : :

Hello All,

Somewhere in 2010 I have read a lot about the differences between our boat material, for example on the windpowerforum.
(NOTE : do not check the wind power forum , on my computer it gives a fatal security error when I go on the site! )

Now back to the differences , in our Netherlands are a few sailors consider that the last series masts are much stiffer (glossy ) than the older ones.

In 2010 I have downloaded a Excel file that deploy all the differences. In the file is made a compairison with the GBR 176 and GBR 840. There is also a difference in mastbending.
(100grams old:85mm / new:119mm - 150gram old:102mm / new:162mm)

Due to a question from a couple of our sailors I setup ​​a measurement session with 6 poles yesterday (older and newer)
I measured with three weights respectively. 70gr, 153gr and 255gr. This showed that the mast deflection is reduced further and the last masts are again slightly stiffer. Positive is that all differences are close to each other, which I think is also true for the rest of the boat. The production is tighter in terms of size and measurement, this is definitely positive.

But what is the absolute margin for pole bending? What are the effects on the sailing performances; what is better?
To much sloppy is nog good but to stiff is also...
For example the B mast on my boat (NED01) is the second stiffest of the reference group. but the boat sails well and has good results.

Here I would like to open a discussion to find solutions and a tighter policy regarding manufacturing . Whether these differences are within the margin? When these margins are on the high side they have much influence on the trim and sailing performance. Bending of the mast is unique, and I think, one of the crucial things in the sailsystem of our Lasers.

Taco NED01
--------------------

Click here to view the attachment
Click here to view the attachment